A PR specialist can be a wind, but first of all he is a creator. Like a professional pilot he lets you fly where you wish with a decoded map of you in his hands.
PR specialist should know what goal you want to reach. As a result he knows what photos you need in order to build an effective story about yourself. He’s like both your private pilot and a flight controller in one. And he is in touch with all people involved in this session and in fact he builds a team of people who works for you.
If you cooperate with a PR specialist you know what I’m writing about. If you plan to take a photo session and you’d like to take care about your image, learn what such a person brings..
- A PR specialist knows where you fly, so:
- he knows what for you need pictures,
- he works on concepts of pictures before visiting a photo studio,
- he knows you – not only your goals, but also your unique features,
- he keeps balance between authenticity and a portrait art including business market.
- He organizes a photo session:
- he plans it together with a photographer and they know what are goals of this session in advance,
- he estimates time which is needed to complete the session, he informs about apprioprate clothes and takes care about a make-up specialist,
- he is a bridge between all people who cooperate during a photo session.
- He works at a session:
- he takes under control session to make sure that its goals will be reached,
- he is a first assistant of a photographer,
- he is responsible for a good atmosphere which has much influence on results.
How do I know if a photo session is successful? It is successful when 4 conditions are completed:
- pictures response to a person’s needs
- a person likes pictures and identifies yourself in these pictures,
- all people who took part in the session agree that the task was completed successfully,
- a person who expereinced a photo session knows more about himself as such a session is the act of intracommunication.
This post was inspired by a talk to Jacek Kutyba, a photographer with whom I create and run professional business photo sessions.
Fot. Jacek Kutyba
businessportfolio, image, personalbranding, PR, publicrelations